Ahhh, Holidays are Over
I know, I’m a scrooge. But really, I’m always a little bit glad when the holidays are over. I do love Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and New Year’s. But really, they are so close together! And that’s a lot of sleep deprivation, fatty foods, weird schedules, traveling, juggling diaper bags and pack and plays and much more! In the end, it’s always worth the extra effort to spend time with family and enjoy the spirit of generosity and family togetherness.
Now, as the New Year rapidly approaches, we are looking forward to new beginnings and adventures! I’m not much on New Year’s Resolution, but I love to think about what I’m looking forward to as well as what I’m thankful for the past year.
Here’s a list of what I’m looking forward to in 2010! Wow, that seems so futuristic -2010!!
- A new baby!
- Summer vacation at Bodega Bay in a fabulous beach house!
- Visiting my sister in Orange County in February!
- More veggie gardening adventures!
- The Marriage Project blog tour with Kathi Lipp! (This is coming soon, look for it in January/February!)
- Final Season of Lost (I’m a HUGE fan!)
- Evangeline’s One Year Birthday…we’re thinking of having a book themed birthday party!
In 2009, things that happened that I’m most thankful for:
- My daughter being born…a truly amazing thing, I highly recommend it!
- Becoming home owners!
- Celebrating one year of being married.
- My wonderful community, Sojourn and my small group.
- A couple of fabulous vacations to Santa Barbara and Dallas, Tx.
- Being inspired to start a blog:)
- Getting pregnant again!
Of course, the best part of each year is the wonderful surprises you never expected. Definitely looking forward to those too. Can’t wait for 2010….